Released Cyclone Scheme 0.32.0
August 16th, 2021
- Initiate major garbage collections faster after allocating a huge object (larger than 500K). This allows the system to reclaim the memory faster and keep overall memory usage low for certain workloads.
- Cyclone will no longer memoize pure functions by default.
Added build option
CYC_PTHREAD_SET_STACK_SIZEto allow Cyclone to specify a thread stack size rather than using the OS default. EG:
make CYC_PTHREAD_SET_STACK_SIZE=1 libcyclone.a
- @nmeum fixed
(scheme repl)to flush the output port prior to writing the prompt, guaranteeing the prompt is written at the correct time.
fxbit-set?to properly handle negative values of
- Avoid unnecessary renaming of identifiers when the interpreter performs macro expansion.
- When allocating a large vector we now guarantee all vector elements are initialized before the major collector can trace those elements. This avoids the potential for a race condition which could lead to a segmentation fault.
- Ensure atomic objects are properly traced by the major garbage collector.